Mon-Sun 09:00 – 20:00
Explore the Alameda Wildlife Conservation Park within the historic Alameda Gardens, established in 1816. This lush sanctuary, steeped in history, is a treasure trove of diverse plants, exotic birds, and towering trees, offering a peaceful retreat. Ideal for families, the park features a charming zoo and a children’s playground. Learn more at Alameda Wildlife Conservation Park.
A Journey Through History
- The Alameda Gardens have a rich history dating back to 1816, initially established as a botanical and leisure garden for soldiers based in Gibraltar.
- Over the centuries, the Gardens have evolved, playing a vital role in the conservation of plant species and serving as a green sanctuary amidst the urban landscape.
- Famed for its collection of plants from around the world, the Gardens have been a center for botanical study and enjoyment, attracting visitors and researchers alike.
Discover a Botanical Haven
- Immerse yourself in the beauty and tranquility of the Alameda Gardens, a historic gem filled with rich flora and fauna.
- Stroll through the winding pathways lined with vibrant plant life and majestic trees, offering a delightful experience for nature lovers.
Wildlife and Family Fun
- Visit the Alameda Wildlife Conservation Park, home to a variety of exotic birds and animals, providing an educational and engaging experience for visitors of all ages.
- The park also features a well-equipped children’s playground, making it the perfect spot for a family day out.
- Opening Hours: The Alameda Gardens are open every day from 09:00 to 20:00, allowing visitors to enjoy the park’s beauty throughout the day.
- Accessibility: The gardens are designed to be accessible, with paths suitable for all visitors, ensuring a comfortable and enjoyable visit for everyone.
- Learning Opportunities: Educational signboards and guided tours are available, offering insights into the park’s diverse ecosystem and history.
Embark on a journey of discovery at The Alameda Gardens, a serene oasis in the heart of Gibraltar. With its rich history, diverse wildlife, and family-friendly amenities, it’s a must-visit destination for all.